Implement a sustainable environmental program in your centre
Get the right support for your centre
The Little Sprouts Program is a simple and convenient way to ensure your early learning centre continues to achieve environmental education and sustainability outcomes. And with the Little Sprouts annual membership program, it’s a cost effective solution too!
Strong foundations for powerful outcomes
The Little Sprouts Program is built on four pillars proven to work: education, action focus, partnerships and community promotion.
Providing play-based, environmental sustainability learning opportunities can lead to positive educational outcomes – linking with all five outcomes identified in the Early Years Learning Framework. The support of the Little Sprouts Program will help you to confidently plan for and respond to sustainability and environmental education, as well as embed sustainability into your centre practices.
Whether you want to keep your worm farm healthy or install solar energy – we have the skills and local networks to help you achieve your goals of all scales. Working together with both staff and children, we identify and respond to your challenges to ensure sustainability activities in your centre are, indeed, sustainable and practical long-term.
Building relationships between centres, families and the broader community is a key focus of the Program. We believe that transparent communication, consultation and collaboration is the best way to achieve quality outcomes for the environment and your centre. We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the country on which we work. In the spirit of reconciliation we help to foster meaningful connections between centres and the local Traditional Owners.
We want to share with others the great things your centre is doing for the environment – whether it’s facilitating media opportunities to promote your environmental celebrations, or writing sustainability snippets for your newsletter, Little Sprouts will help you raise your profile as environmental sustainability leaders in your community.
Little Sprouts Program annual membership
Want to know more about the finer details of our full annual membership? As well as unlimited phone and email support, expert sustainability advice, email updates, and 10% off all other non-membership products and services, the Little Sprouts Program annual membership includes:
• 4 x incursions
• 2 x professional development sessions with staff
• Curriculum support, including access to resources linked to the Early Years Learning Framework and expert advice to help inform educators’ planning
• Support to plan and implement one hands-on sustainability action project at your centre
• Support to implement and maintain a whole-of-centre sustainability plan, reflecting your centre’s current practices and future goals
• Support to apply for one grant, competition or award, or to seek in-kind contributions to improve sustainability outcomes and your centre’s position as a sustainability leader
• Collection and analysis of basic baseline resource management to help with your action project e.g. energy, waste, water or biodiversity.
• Little Sprouts Program signage
• Little Sprouts Program welcome ceremony
• Media support to help build your profile as sustainability leaders in your community
• Helping to foster and maintain relationships between your centre and local, state, national and international sustainability partners and programs
• Fostering meaningful partnerships between your centre and local Traditional Owners
• Enhancing relationships between children, educators and families through sustainability activities
Get in touch so we can answer any questions and understand your centre’s sustainability goals.
If your centre is based within a 20 kilometre radius of Coburg, Melbourne, one of our expert team members will meet with you in person to get a feel for your centre and what we can help you achieve.
Once we understand your centre and goals, we’ll make recommendations on the best way forward. You can sign up to the Little Sprouts Program annual membership at any time during the year.